It’s been quite a summer so far, as in I’ve been soooooo busy!
But I just finished my summer semester and got my 4.0 so that’s all good. I also had to complete a bunch of extra summer jobs. Now I’m busy trying to get everything ready for school in fall and finish setting up my house. (I’ve found that I love indoor plants.) Pics coming soon!
I’ve also been working on my new business, hannah’s honeybees. I’ll share a link with you all once my website is up so you can check out my products.
For the fun part though, I had a great visit with my cousin.
Looking forward to the fair! I’ll be entering some of my pictures.
Currently smiling ’cause school’s out and I got my 4.0 GPA. Booyah! ✌
The month has been pretty jam packed with finishing up school and finals. (It’s weird how you get so lazy at the end of the semester. I start calculating how many points I can afford to miss before I lose my A.)
But I did some cool stuff, too.
For one, I went to Canada! Finally got to use my passport that I spent some buck$ on! (And there definitely will be more use put into that!)
And I got to dress up for work for the annual Lost in the 50’s car show.
Lame pic, but yanno, it’s all I got. P.S: I worked a double shift . . . backstory for the Rockstar. Another fun fact, I found my entire outfit like the day before at the thrift shop, so how’s that for awesome….also my terrible last minute planning is showing, but just being honest here, folks.
And I took my good friend and her sister camping since I’m missing her bachelorette party. Let’s just say after forgetting the keys and having to run back for them, almost wrecking my car by driving over a cement post, and then getting the keys but lacking the skills to unlock the camper for the first 10 minutes, we knew it was going to be a awesome party.
I got to try out my photography skills (or lack thereof) on a super fun trip through Washington looking for old barns and other cool stuff. We found an old farmhouse with letters dated back in the early 1900s. (Haha, they were like from Virginia’s time.)
That also brought on another fit of allergies (I developed an allergic reaction to mold last spring) and let’s just say I spent last night feeling like I was going to puke, and crawling down the stairs at 4:10 a.m. to head out for lifeguarding was pretty rough.
However, it was worth it! Below you may view my official portfolio. 😊
Currently, I’m looking forward to boating time on the lake, the last four days before summer semester starts (ahhhhh, why so fast, pleaz stop), and living off of something other than Mexican food at work or the box of granola bars from Costco in the trunk of my car (which are currently melting as the weather gets warmer). #thecollegelife
I actually baked a bit today! (Ha, and I’m that girl that used to bake all the family’s bread from age 11 on up. I learned that not using these skills can make you start losing them. Starting to understand why so many girls get married out of college without knowing how to cook.)
Currently making biscotti for those awesome guys at the local tire shop who constantly patched my tires and kept me running to school and work on time.🙌 Cuz for real, sometimes I’m just that helpless…
But I sincerely believe I’m living my best life.
So until we chat again, keep your powder dry.
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
Well, I picked two actually: Journalism and photography.
And this is the girl who was never going to go to college. Hahahaha
I started out attending school last fall, with the intention of taking only English classes so I could better my writing skills. I ended up taking English and joining a choir. (I thought I was just signing up for voice lessons, haha.)
I thought college was kinda cool
….and I found out I only needed to take one math class to compete a degree.
Fun Fact: I hate math.
I decided to get an AA.
Originally, I was going to go for English. But then my adviser enrolled me in a journalism class that I ended up loving. And I realized I didn’t like the English program.
After some research, I found out with only 4 more classes, so one semester, I could add an AA in photography, too.
So let’s hope I get through college soon so I have more time for writing.
This wasn’t a regular monthly highlight. But, that’s cause all I’ve done this month is work and school.
But here’s a photo of my latest toy I borrowed from the journalism department. Pretty soon you should start seeing some shots. Let’s hope I’m a natural 🙂
1. I’m studying in college for a journalism and a photography AA. I’m super crazy about grades and will do all extra credit work. My plan is to go to school over the summer so I can get done faster, but online so I can work more hours (although I’m already pretty much full-time). If you asked me what I looked forward to most each day I’d tell you bedtime. (I know I’ve become so boring.)
2. I’ve become a shoe freak over the last couple years. I just got a pair of checkerboard vans I’m in love with (swoon). I love skateboard shoes and sneakers! But no heels! I actually just bought my first pair of heels today because I needed black shoes for my choir concert and they were the cheapest shoes at the thrift shop. I’m throwing them out directly after the concert. Who invented such painful flimsy contraptions?
3. I waitress at a Mexican restaurant and lifeguard at the YMCA. I love both my jobs and I think they’re pretty cool. One of my bucket list items is to work as many different odd jobs as possible, so I’d like to add the ski resort this winter.
4. Right now my favorite TV shows are When Calls the Heart and Liv & Maddie. My all-time favorite is Bonanza! (Cause Candy is the best!)
5. I LOVE the Canadian Anne of Green Gables! I could do an Anne marathon any night! (Well, any night I wasn’t at work or had homework due…)
6. My style…..I love jeans and a sweatshirt. And if I’m home its sweatpants. In summer I run in T-shirts and swim shorts.
7. I try to be creative but often fail. I was going to buy a cute daily planner to journal and sketch in but I opted out for the cheap $2 one in the end, which was a good decision because all I fill it with is to-do lists.
8. I think it would be super fun to run an old-fashioned 1940s ice cream parlor.
9. I plan to work on a cruise ship when I finish up college, so I can “see the world.”
10. When I get enough funds, I plan to build the “Ponderosa.” (That super cool ranch in Bonanza.) I realllllly want a bunkhouse. Then I can host retreats.
Hi friends! Sorry it took me so long to get this post out. Life has been super busy lately and I had to fly out of state for some family business. Here’s a recap of my last couple of months.
I got a 2nd job life-guarding at the YMCA. I really enjoyed the course because I’ve always thought First Aid was interesting. It’ll also help me when I write about my character who lifeguards in an upcoming book :).
I had a blast skiing at the local ski resort. I plan to try snowboarding next, so we’ll see how that goes. 🙂
I also had another choir concert, started back up with school, bleached my hair a little lighter, and got braces. It’s been a busy past few months. 🙂